Monday, November 24, 2008

Lori & Dani Rocked the 3 Day!!!!!!





Inspirational, amazing, fantastic, emotional, incredible, tear jerking, eye opening, wonderful...oh how I could go on and I didn't even do the walk! Lori and Dani just finished the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk yesterday. 60 miles in 3 days!!! From Del Mar to Downtown! Unbelievable!!! Tatiana and I went to pit stop 4 yesterday in Balboa Park and cheered and cheered with our signs as they came through! Then we got to honk, honk, honk as they walked downtown to the finish line. We met the weary walkers in the Gaslamp for a quick snack before closing ceremonies at Petco Park. The tears flowed and the night came to a close for all of the survivors, walkers, and supporters. I have to say it was one of the most amazing things to witness. The spirit of these women battling this disease (my amazing Sis), the dedication of the walkers, and the joy of the supporters....simply amazing! I am so proud of Dani and Lori for doing this walk. I have never seen so many bandaids and blisters in my life! To my Sister who continues to be an inspiration to me......you did it and I am so glad that we were able to be a part of it with you. Congratulations Lori and Dani!!!!

1 comment:

Rhea said...

Congratulations on that amazing race Lori and Dani! You are inspirational to us all!